How can my child manage childhood kidney tumors on a daily basis?

For the child, daily management of childhood kidney tumors is often focused on relieving stress. Because Wilms tumors and other childhood kidney tumors usually occur in young children-often under the age of 5 - daily management for children should focus on things that will get your child's mind off the treatment and recovery. However, treatment and recovery are two important aspects of your child's health, so daily management should also include getting the right treatment, following doctors' advice for nutrition and other care during treatment, and getting the right follow-up care. Make sure your child tells you about any new symptoms or other issues during recovery.

Continue Learning about Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer

What is recurrent renal cell cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Recurrent renal cell cancer is cancer that has recurred (come back) after it has been treated. The c...
What factors affect my prognosis with renal cell cancer?
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of the di...
Is kidney cancer painful?
In some cases, kidney cancer or its treatment may cause pain. One of the initial symptoms of kidney ...
How is kidney cancer diagnosed?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Many kidney cancers are detected during procedures for other diseases or conditions. If your urologi...