What factors affect my prognosis with renal cell cancer?

The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:

The stage of the disease The patient's age and general health

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer

A Virtual Look at Kidney Cancer
A Virtual Look at Kidney Cancer
Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most common type of kidney cancer. Let's take a deep-dive look in the human body and this cancer.
What is the Most Common Type of Kidney Cancer?
Kidney cancer is cancer that begins in the kidneys, a pair of fist-sized organs that remove waste and excess fluid from the blood and produce urine. T...
What are the types of kidney tumors I could have?
Grace Hyun, MDGrace Hyun, MD
Tumors of the kidney require surgical excision as well as combined management with pediatric onc...
How common is kidney cancer?
In general, kidney cancer is not a very common disease. Around 64,000 new cases of kidney and relate...