Who is a candidate for chemotherapy for kidney cancer?

I’m reluctant to give chemotherapy over other treatments when kidney cancer has spread but the person feels fine. On the other hand, if a patient has an aggressive cancer and is sick, having pain, and is losing weight, at this point chemotherapy is required and is quite effective. We can deal with the toxicities just like we do with treating other kinds of solid tumors.

Continue Learning about Kidney Cancer Treatment

Can my kidney cancer be treated laparoscopically?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
In fact, 90% of kidney cancers today can be treated using laparoscopy or other minimally invasive te...
Are there alternative treatments for kidney cancer?
The effectiveness of alternative treatments for kidney cancer has not been proven, but there are sev...
What is the most common treatment for kidney cancer?
The most common treatment for kidney cancer is surgery. The type of surgery done depends on the seve...
How is percutaneous cryoablation used to treat kidney cancer?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The freezing of tumors – a therapy which has been used to treat certain lung, liver, and prostate ca...