Is juice as healthy as whole fruits and vegetables?

Stefanie Sacks, MS
Despite the juicing trend, juice is not as healthy as eating whole fruits and vegetables, which still have their natural fiber and nutrients. Watch culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks explain why whole foods are more nutritious than sugary juice.
Dolvett Quince
Fitness
Juice is not as healthy as whole vegetables and fruit. The skin and flesh of the fruit holds all the fiber and nearly all the nutrients. Also, some amazing things happen in the process of chewing -- particularly in terms of your blood flow. So if you’re juicing, make sure you’re still getting the skin of the fruit in there too.
The 3-1-2-1 Diet: Eat and Cheat Your Way to Weight Loss--up to 10 Pounds in 21 Days

"Dolvett offers a dieting trifecta: easy, effective, and friendly to cheaters. He helps trick your metabolism into cooperating with his rapid weight loss formula for success." --Mehmet Oz, M.D.Want...
Juice does not contain the fiber as whole fruits and vegetables. Learn more in this video with Dr. Oz.

Continue Learning about Juices

Sip This for a Stronger Immune System
Sip This for a Stronger Immune System
Orange juice isn't the only beverage you can grab when you want to help your immune system fight off illness and infection. New research suggests tha...
Why Your Fruit Juice Isn’t as Healthy as You Think
Amongst the sodas and energy drinks, fruit juice might seem like the healthiest choice on the shelf, but it’s actually packed with as much sugar as an...
Can drinking cherry juice help me sleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Researchers looked at the sleep habits of 15 older adults who drank 8 ounces of tart cherry juice in...
What should I know before I start drinking beet juice regularly?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Before you start drinking beet juice regularly, be mindful that the beets could turn your urine and ...