Can I use ParaGard if I haven't had children?

ParaGard (T 380A Intrauterine Copper Contraceptive) is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for women whether or not they've had a child. Previously, there was concern that intrauterine devices like ParaGard might put women who hadn't already delivered a baby at risk of future infertility. But studies show this is not the case.

Continue Learning about IUD (Intrauterine Device)

What should I know about ParaGard before using it?
ParaGard (T 380A Intrauterine Copper Contraceptive) is a small T-shaped device that's inserted i...
Who is a good candidate for an intrauterine device (IUD)?
Dr. Evelyn Minaya, MDDr. Evelyn Minaya, MD
A good candidate for an intrauterine device (IUD) is someone who is willing to put one in; if it's a...
What Is an Intrauterine Device (IUD)?
What Is an Intrauterine Device (IUD)?
What Are the Possible Risks of Using an Intrauterine Device (IUD)?