What age do people typically get irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Irritable bowel syndrome typically begins in people when they are in their teens and 20s. Onset in late adult life can also occur. In about half of people who develop the digestive tract disorder, it begins by 35 years of age.

Continue Learning about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

The Gut-Friendly Diet You Need to Try
The Gut-Friendly Diet You Need to Try
Do you ever get that bloated feeling after eating certain foods? Pain in the belly? Diarrhea, constipation or both? Then you may have irritable bowel ...
Can Probiotics Treat IBS and Depression?
LeBron James recalled, “Warren Buffet told me to always follow your gut… when you have that gut feeling, you have to go with it.” But, if you’re bugge...
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Get the Scoop on Poop for Constipation Relief