Is It Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Stomach cramps, gas, bloating and a constant see-saw between constipation and sudden attacks of diarrhea. Sound familiar? That's the constellation of symptoms that people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) struggle with every day. What's worse, though, is the suddenness of IBS attacks, which leave IBS sufferers constantly on alert for the nearest bathroom.Read more
Solving the Mystery of IBSLearn More
AskMDFind out what may be causing your diarrhea
10 to 20%
The percentage of Americans who have IBS
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Q&As
Nina Singh, MD
Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates
What causes irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – also known as spastic colon, spastic colitis, mucous colitis and nervous or functional bowel – is an alteration with the way the nervous system and the gut interact. Often people have significant . . .
- Q What is Viberzi?
- Q How common is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q What is the difference between irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and IBD?
- Q Where can I find information about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q How can chronic stress affect irritable bowel syndrome?
- Q What are common misconceptions about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q How do functional symptoms relate to the mind-body connection in IBS?
- Q What is diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (D-IBS)?
- Q What is alternating irritable bowel syndrome (A-IBS)?
- Q Why is irritable bowel syndrome a puzzling syndrome?
Recent Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Articles
If you struggle with irritable bowel syndrome, ease your symptoms with our Action Plans.
What are IBS and Chronic Constipation? How to Stop the Lose-Gain Weight Cycle Common Questions about Bloating and Gas Gut Feelings Predict Marital Bliss See All Articles