What are researchers discovering about IC/PBS?

Researchers are working on learning the causes of interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. Some scientists are studying how particles that make up urine might harm the bladder. Researchers are also looking at various symptoms of IC/PBS and how medications can alleviate these symptoms. Another goal of research is the development of diagnostic testing that is less invasive than current options.

Continue Learning about Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)

How can I prepare to discuss IC/PBS with my doctor?
To prepare for your appointment, make a list of important questions to ask your doctor. You might wa...
When should I see a doctor about interstitial cystitis?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
If your symptoms have not gone away with antibiotic treatment, you might have interstitial cystitis ...
Does IC/PBS occur more often in children than adults?
Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome does not occur more often in children than adults. In...
If I have IC/PBS, does it mean I have cancer?
IC/PBS is not the same as cancer. Researchers have found no evidence that IC/PBS is associated with ...