Is interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome serious?

IC/PBS can severely interfere with a person's quality of life, but you cannot die from it. In addition, there is no link between IC/PBS and cancer. However, in addition to physical symptoms and discomfort, IC/PBS can cause depression. Work with your doctor to find a treatment to relieve the symptoms of IC/PBS.

Continue Learning about Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)

Is interstitial cystitis the same as a bladder infection?
Interstitial cystitis, sometimes referred to as painful bladder syndrome, affects approximately one ...
What causes interstitial cystitis?
Scientists are still researching causes of IC/PBS, but they have several theories. Some researchers ...
What is interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS)?
Interstitial cystitis, similar to or sometimes known as painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS), is a cond...
How can I prepare to discuss IC/PBS with my doctor?
To prepare for your appointment, make a list of important questions to ask your doctor. You might wa...