Is interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome serious?

IC/PBS can severely interfere with a person's quality of life, but you cannot die from it. In addition, there is no link between IC/PBS and cancer. However, in addition to physical symptoms and discomfort, IC/PBS can cause depression. Work with your doctor to find a treatment to relieve the symptoms of IC/PBS.

Continue Learning about Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)

When should I see a doctor about interstitial cystitis?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
If your symptoms have not gone away with antibiotic treatment, you might have interstitial cystitis ...
If I have IC/PBS, does it mean I have cancer?
IC/PBS is not the same as cancer. Researchers have found no evidence that IC/PBS is associated with ...
Is there a cure for interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome?
There is no cure for interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. However, researchers are workin...
How can I prepare to discuss IC/PBS with my doctor?
To prepare for your appointment, make a list of important questions to ask your doctor. You might wa...