How do I find a physician who practices Integrative Medicine?

Jill R. Baron, MD
Family Medicine
There are several organizations of Integrative Physicians.  Just as patients are individuals, so are physicians. Physicians can choose to emphasize different aspects of Integrative Medicine in their practices, and also choose to belong to one or more Integrative Medicine bodies. One philosophy of integrative medical practice, is called “Functional Medicine,” which I am trained in. Functional Medicine aims to look at the person as an individual, as the sum total and interconnectedness of a person’s genetics, environment, lifestyle, and physiology. Please go to www.functionalmedicine.org to find out more and find physicians trained in Functional Medicine. There is also now a board certification for physicians who practice Integrative Medicine, that is called the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine of which I am board certified. Please go to www.abihm.org to find out more. Other organizations for Integrative Practitioners include the American College for Advancement in Medicine, www.acam.org and the American Holistic Medical Association, www.holisticmedicine.org.

Continue Learning about Integrative Medicine

What is integrative medicine?
Integrative medicine is equivalent to holistic medicine. Basically, it is looking at all of the non-...
What do complementary health practices include?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine is the use of treatments, such as homeopathic m...
Is Preventative Medicine Holistic?
Is Preventative Medicine Holistic?
Is Preventing Disease More Important Than Treating Disease?