What side effects does insulin cause?

The most common side effect of insulin is hypoglycemia (low blood glucose). Hypoglycemia can come on suddenly, making you feel shaky, sweaty, weak, cranky, hungry, or dizzy. Be sure that you and your family know these symptoms. They're your signal to take in some quick-acting sugar. Good sources are a half-cup of fruit juice or regular soda or a heaping tablespoon of sugar. To help avoid this side effect, monitor your blood glucose regularly. This will allow you to take action if your blood glucose begins to fall too low.

Continue Learning about Insulin

Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
The Internet has always been a place for people to connect with drug sellers. The Dr. Oz Show discovered that some of the drugs in highest demand aren...
What is ultralente insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Ultralente insulin is a long-acting insulin. On average, ultralente insulin starts to lower blood gl...
What should I know about insulin pens and needles?
Always use a new needle with an insulin pen. In addition:Carefully recap the syringe when you are fi...
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?