If you suspect that you are allergic to your insulin, talk to your doctor. Most likely you’re having a reaction to a preservative in the insulin and not the insulin itself, so trying another brand of insulin may relieve your symptoms. In some cases, you may need to take an oral antihistamine or have a steroid added to your insulin injection.
- Q Why did insulin leak from my diabetic injection site?
- Q How can I intensively manage my diabetes with insulin?
- Q Does taking insulin bar me from any jobs?
- Q What should I do if I have hypoglycemia after taking insulin for diabetes?
- Q What steps should I follow for injecting insulin?
- Q What can affect my body’s response to insulin?