What should I do to my insulin schedule when crossing time zones?

Crossing time zones can confuse your insulin schedule. You may need to make a new plan for timing your insulin injections. You may also need to
adjust your total daily insulin dose. When traveling east, you get a shorter day and need less insulin. When traveling west, you get more hours in a day and need more insulin. Keep your watch on your home time until the first morning after you arrive in a new time zone. Check your blood glucose level more often than usual.

Continue Learning about Insulin

Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
The Internet has always been a place for people to connect with drug sellers. The Dr. Oz Show discovered that some of the drugs in highest demand aren...
What size insulin syringe should I buy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Insulin syringes come in several sizes. When buying syringes, keep these things in mind: Needle ...
Why do some healthcare providers prefer an insulin pump?
Some healthcare providers prefer an insulin pump because it allows for closer control of blood s...
Why Should I Avoid Foods Made with White Flour?