Do insulin injections hurt?

The needles used to inject insulin are very thin and relatively painless. Many people who take insulin say the injections with an insulin syringe hurt less than finger pricks to monitor blood glucose. If you're afraid of needles, ask your doctor about effective strategies that can help you overcome needle phobias.

Continue Learning about Insulin

Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
The Internet has always been a place for people to connect with drug sellers. The Dr. Oz Show discovered that some of the drugs in highest demand aren...
What should I remember when using insulin?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
All of the advice from the Cleveland Clinic’s answer is great, and I would only add two things: firs...
What type of diabetes requires insulin injections?
Amy CampbellAmy Campbell
Actually, all types of diabetes (type 1, type 2 and gestational) can require insulin injections. Wit...
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?