Can I live an active lifestyle if I take insulin for diabetes?

Taking insulin injections does require that you plan ahead according to your diet and physical activity levels, but people living with diabetes who take insulin can still travel, eat out, and live very active and independent lives. Speak to a diabetes educator if you're concerned about how taking insulin fits into your life.

Continue Learning about Insulin

Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
The Internet has always been a place for people to connect with drug sellers. The Dr. Oz Show discovered that some of the drugs in highest demand aren...
How do insulin injections work with type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
Insulin is injected under the skin (called subcutaneously or sub-Q) to replace the insulin that ...
What do I need to know after being prescribed insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Before you leave your doctor’s office, be sure you understand the following:• what type of insulin y...
What You Need to Know About Insulin
What You Need to Know About Insulin