How often will I need to replace my insulin infusion set?

Every 1 to 3 days, you’ll need to replace the insulin infusion set and
move to a new insertion site. This helps you avoid infection at the insertion site or a clog in the infusion set. Place the new insertion site at least 1 inch away from the last insertion site on the abdomen. Just like with syringes, you need to avoid inserting the needle in scar tissue or moles and use a site rotation schedule.

Continue Learning about Insulin Pumps

Will the infusion site for my insulin pump be uncomfortable?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You don’t have to worry that it will hurt when you exercise or if someone bumps into your pump or in...
What problems may affect my blood glucose while using an insulin pump?
Here are some possible factors to consider:• The insulin: Is it expired? Has it been exposed to extr...
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?
Can an Artificial Pancreas Treat Type 1 Diabetes?