Should I let my doctor know I’m using insulin pump supplies?

Insulin pump supplies cannot be used without your doctor's knowledge. You must undergo a surgical procedure to be able to use an insulin pump. Your doctor will create a place for the insulin pump to connect to your body, usually on your abdomen. You should always track and discuss your blood sugar levels with your doctor, and your doctor can help you determine how your insulin pump should be programmed.

Continue Learning about Insulin Pumps

How should I use insulin pump supplies?
Do not attempt to use an insulin pump until you fully understand how to properly use it. You wil...
For how long do I need to wear an insulin pump?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You’ll need to wear the pump almost all the time. If you take the pump off, you’ll need to resume a ...
Can an Artificial Pancreas Treat Type 1 Diabetes?
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?