Do I need to worry about insulin strength?

Today, if you buy insulin in the United States, you don’t have to worry about the strength. Nearly all insulin preparations sold in the United States and Canada today are of the same strength: U-100. This means that they have 100 units of insulin in every cubic centimeter (cc) of fluid. U-500, a highly concentrated preparation, is available only by special order for people who have developed insulin resistance and need to take extremely high doses of insulin. Hospitals sometimes use U-500 insulin for emergencies.

Continue Learning about Insulin Injections

how should i dispose of my syringe ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
It's time to dispose of an insulin syringe when the needle is dull or bent or has come in contact wi...
how can i make injecting insulin more comfortable ?
Injecting insulin today is a lot less painful than it used to be. You can choose between disposable ...
what is an automatic injector for insulin use ?
An automatic injector is a tool to help you give an insulin injection. It’s a spring-loaded devi...
what should i avoid while using diabetic needles and syringes ?
While using diabetic needles and syringes avoid holding or uncapping the insulin bottle with unw...