What is an insulin jet injector?

Dr. Jack Merendino, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Jet injectors force insulin through the skin under high pressure without actually using a needle. The insulin comes out under very high pressure in a very narrow stream and is forced directly through the skin. The user has to fill the device with insulin, but once filled it can deliver injections for two to three weeks. Even though there are no needles, there is still sometimes discomfort or bruising because of the high pressure, though for some people this is less than with needles. Jet injectors are larger than insulin pens and more expensive.
The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes

Bob Greene has helped millions of Americans become fit and healthy with his life-changing Best Life plan. Now, for the first time, Oprah's trusted expert on diet and fitness teams up with a leading...

Continue Learning about Insulin Injections

What do I need to know when buying syringes for my insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
The syringe consists of a needle, barrel, and plunger. Syringes come in different sizes. It is impor...
What is an automatic injector for insulin use?
An automatic injector shoots a needle into your skin. Some automatically release the insulin when th...
How should I inject myself with insulin?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
You need to inject insulin just below the skin, into the fat layer -- not into a muscle or a blood v...
What tips should I keep in mind when I inject insulin?
Wherever you choose to inject your insulin, keep these basics in mind:• Divide the body area into in...