Should I let my doctor know I'm using diabetic needles and syringes?

If your doctor has prescribed insulin injections, you will be taught how to inject yourself and to store or dispose of your used needles and syringes properly. You will also be taught how to test your blood sugar levels. When discussing the risks and benefits of insulin, tell your doctor all prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs you take. 

Continue Learning about Insulin Injections

Do I need to worry about insulin strength?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Today, if you buy insulin in the United States, you don’t have to worry about the strength. Nearly a...
How do insulin pumps compare to multiple daily injections?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
It is possible to have crappy control on either shots or pumps. It is also possible to have subl...
How can I reduce pain caused by diabetic needles and syringes?
Injecting yourself with cold insulin that has just been taken from your refrigerator will be mor...
How should I use diabetic needles and syringes?
Diabetic needles and syringes allow you to administer injectable liquid insulin to yourself. If ...