What is sleep maintenance insomnia?

If you have no trouble falling asleep, but wake up in the middle of the night, this is called sleep maintenance insomnia. It is very common, especially as we age. Sleep maintenance insomnia also affects women more than men—it's a common side effect of menopause.

Continue Learning about Insomnia

How to Get Deeper Sleep Without Drugs
How to Get Deeper Sleep Without Drugs
Skimping on shut-eye isn’t North America’s only sleep crisis. Many people turn in on time yet miss out on deep, refreshing slumber—and that’s one reas...
What should I include in my diet if I have insomnia during pregnancy?
If you have insomnia, you should already be limiting caffeine and not drinking alcohol during yo...
Put Insomnia to Bed
Put Insomnia to BedPut Insomnia to BedPut Insomnia to BedPut Insomnia to Bed
Try these 8 med-free ways to get some sleep.
What Is the Difference Between Insomnia and Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder?