What increases my risk for insect bites?

Spending time where the bugs are increases your risk for insect bites. For most bugs, that's spending time outside. For some, however, that's not the case. Bedbugs, for example, are located just where you think - beds. Places that have high bed turnover, such as hotels, are more likely to have bedbugs. And although mosquitoes are present outside, they are most active at sunrise and sunset, and are more likely to bite certain people - men, those who are overweight, and those who have type O blood.

Continue Learning about Insect Bites

The Do’s and Don’ts of Avoiding the Fire Ant
In the 2015 movie Ant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) develops an armored suit that can shrink someone to the size of an ant and give that tiny cr...
How common are insect bites?
Insect bites can be very common, depending on the insect. You could go your entire life without gett...
4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite
4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite
Learn why some people are more susceptible to mosquito bites.
How Can I Protect Myself From Mosquitoes?