What can I do to get rid of bedbugs?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
You can vacuum your mattress and box springs thoroughly every week (more often if possible).  You can also encase your mattress and your box springs in an allergy repellant covering that seals completely.  This will need to be kept in place for a full year (checking regularly that it has no tears) as bedbugs can go a full year without a meal and still survive.

Clear out any clutter in the affected room.  Vacuum baseboards, walls, cracks, seal peeling wallpaper; vacuum outlets and light switches at least once a week.

If you’ve tried all the above measures and are still getting bit or your family reports being bit, please call in a professional exterminator.  It will take them several times to completely eradicate the problem, and it will cost a bit of money, but this is the surest and safest way to get rid of these pests.

Continue Learning about Insect Bites

The Do’s and Don’ts of Avoiding the Fire Ant
In the 2015 movie Ant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) develops an armored suit that can shrink someone to the size of an ant and give that tiny cr...
I might have bedbugs, can I see them to know for sure?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
Take a look in the room where the bites are occurring.  Bedbugs are not invisible…they are visible...
4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite
4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite
Learn why some people are more susceptible to mosquito bites.
How Can I Protect Myself From Mosquitoes?