Will raising the heat in my room kill bedbugs?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
Heating the room or apartment to a temperature designed to kill the bugs does not work. This might kill any bug that is asleep in the mattress, but those that are still hiding in the walls will just move far enough away from the heat source so they don’t die.  Once the heat is gone, they’ll be back.

Continue Learning about Insect Bites

The Do’s and Don’ts of Avoiding the Fire Ant
In the 2015 movie Ant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) develops an armored suit that can shrink someone to the size of an ant and give that tiny cr...
Are spider bites the same as insect bites?
Spider bites are not technically insect bites because spiders are not technically insects. However, ...
Insect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to Worry
Insect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to Worry
Learn about what you can do to protect yourself from different types of insect bites and stings -- and get quick tips on to do you’re bitten.
How Can I Protect Myself From Mosquitoes?