How are insect bites diagnosed?

In most cases, you should be able to tell you were bitten by an insect. You likely won't need a formal diagnosis. If an infection or illness develops as a result of the insect bite, your doctor may perform blood tests to provide a diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Insect Bites

The Do’s and Don’ts of Avoiding the Fire Ant
In the 2015 movie Ant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) develops an armored suit that can shrink someone to the size of an ant and give that tiny cr...
What are chiggers?
Chiggers are very tiny mites that can hardly be seen with the human eye. They're sometimes called re...
Insect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to Worry
Insect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to Worry
Learn about what you can do to protect yourself from different types of insect bites and stings -- and get quick tips on to do you’re bitten.
How Can I Protect Myself From Mosquitoes?