Do we know how bedbug infestations occur?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
Think back, have you recently had a college student come home with some “new” furniture?  It may have had a few hitchhikers on board.  Most bedbug infestations occur when something that was infested was brought into the home.  It may even be that hoard of furniture your brother-in-law asked you to store in your basement.  Most bedbug infestations occur when something that was infested was brought into the home.

Continue Learning about Insect Bites

The Do’s and Don’ts of Avoiding the Fire Ant
In the 2015 movie Ant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) develops an armored suit that can shrink someone to the size of an ant and give that tiny cr...
Should I be worried about spider bites?
Lots of people get freaked out by spiders -- and spider bites -- but Dr. Oz Show guest David Miz...
Insect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to Worry
Insect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to WorryInsect Bites and Stings: How to Prevent and When to Worry
Learn about what you can do to protect yourself from different types of insect bites and stings -- and get quick tips on to do you’re bitten.
How Can I Protect Myself From Mosquitoes?