What kind of specialist treats advanced wounds?

John Morris, DO
Vascular Surgery
Specialists involved in treating advanced wounds include podiatrists, vascular surgeons and infectious disease doctors. Specialists treating advanced wounds work closely with case managers when a person is receiving ongoing treatment at home.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Injuries, Wound and Trauma

Headache, Clammy Skin and Other Dangerous Signs You’re Overheating
Headache, Clammy Skin and Other Dangerous Signs You’re Overheating
When a hurricane devastates a tropical island, a wildfire whips through a mountainside neighborhood or a superstorm rocks an oceanfront city, most new...
Read More
What are signs of a serious abdominal injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Signs of serious abdominal injury include: Severe pain Bruising External bleeding Nausea Vomi...
More Answers
What are some negative consequences of hate crimes?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Hate crimes can have tremendously negative effects on societies. They can marginalize communities wh...
More Answers
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.