What specialist should I see after an injury to my mouth?

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Depending on the severity of the injury and your age, a general dentist and specialists such as an oral surgeon, endodontist, pediatric dentist and an orthodontist may be involved in treating a mouth injury.

Continue Learning about Injuries, Wound and Trauma

Why Isn’t This Wound Healing?
Why Isn’t This Wound Healing?
Do you have a wound that seems to be taking forever to heal? If it's been a month or even longer, it could be a sign of a more serious issue. By defi...
What are the most common serious injuries among children?
Car crashes, suffocation, drowning, poisoning, fires, and falls are some of the most common ways chi...
When should I call my doctor if I have an abrasion?
Reasons to call a healthcare professional for an abrasion: If infection sets in. (This will take a...
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?