What are the greatest health threats during the summer?

We need to take precautions during the summer because we do things outdoors. I'm always trying to encourage my patients to be more active with family activities and exercise out of doors, but they need to be more careful. We have to watch out for lightening when it rains and we also have to hydrate well in hot weather. Among the best methods of hydration – there’s no better substitute than water obviously - occasionally drinks like Gatorade and other types of hydration to replace electrolytes help. With these, you have to be very careful because they might have a lot of calories. It’s important, whenever I take my boys to the park, to always carry plenty of water, soft drinks or other fluids.

Continue Learning about Injuries, Wound and Trauma

Headache, Clammy Skin and Other Dangerous Signs You’re Overheating
When a hurricane devastates a tropical island, a wildfire whips through a mountainside neighborhood or a superstorm rocks an oceanfront city, most new...
What is the definition of a hate crime?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Federal law, enacted in 1968, allows prosecution of a hate crime if it meets these two criteria:The ...
What is a puncture wound to the chest?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Puncture wounds to the chest range from minor to life threatening. Stab and gunshot wounds are examp...
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?