What are submersion injuries in children?

Submersion injuries are also known as drowning injuries that occur when one is submersed in liquid that then blocks the airway and prevents normal breathing. If breathing becomes difficult, this can cause problems with the brain and heart receiving oxygen from the blood. The most important thing to remember is prevention.

Continue Learning about Injuries, Wound and Trauma

How to Prevent the Top Cause of Deadly Injury Among Older People
For American adults older than age 65, a fall could be life-threatening—and the rate of fatalities from falls in this age group is on the rise, accord...
Where will I feel pain if I injure my liver?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
If you have a liver injury, you may feel pain in the upper right side of the abdomen. You may al...
How can I deal with itching as my wound heals?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
During the healing process, the skin undergoes many changes.  Itching (pruritus) becomes common prob...
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?