How long do ingrown nails last?

Home remedies should create a noticeable improvement in ingrown nails in just a few days. Such treatments involve soaking the affected area in warm water several times a day and applying antibiotic ointment or cream afterwards. You should see and feel a difference in as little as two or three days. With deeper ingrown nails or in cases where the ingrown nail keeps returning, a doctor may choose to perform a surgical procedure to remove part of the nail and/or nail bed. When this happens, it might take several months before the nail grows back normally.

How long ingrown nails last depends upon how severe they are and what kind of treatment they need. If you are able to treat the nail at home and there is no infection, you should see improvement in a few days. If not, talk with your doctor. You may need oral antibiotics to treat infection or surgical treatment of the nail. 

Continue Learning about Ingrown Nails

What are my chances of ingrown nails?
Your chances of ingrown nails are much higher if you wear ill-fitting shoes that squeeze or pinch yo...
How do other illnesses affect ingrown nails?
In general, other illnesses do not affect ingrown nails. However, people with diabetes or other circ...
What Can I Do to Avoid Ingrown Nails?
What Can I Do to Avoid Ingrown Nails?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?