What can I do if I have problems with my medications for IBD?

The treatment options for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) are based on the disease's severity. This will dictate the types of therapies you are offered. If you have severe IBD, being on medications that are predominantly used for mild IBD are not going to work. The earlier and the better the treatment strategies for your degree of disease activity are optimized, the higher the likelihood you are going to respond. Medications don't work if you don't take them, so it's very important to continue taking your medications. If you have problems or side effects with the medications or difficulty taking them as prescribed, you should talk to your gastroenterologist about how to improve the situation.

Continue Learning about Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)

Lacking Vitamin D? Low Levels May Boost Cancer Risk in IBD Sufferers
If you've had inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) for a while, you probably already know your risk for colorectal cancer is higher than average. Frequent...
Are inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD's) hereditary?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Both Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis appear to have a genetic component, meaning that these d...
6 Tips for Living Well with Crohn's Disease
6 Tips for Living Well with Crohn's Disease6 Tips for Living Well with Crohn's Disease6 Tips for Living Well with Crohn's Disease6 Tips for Living Well with Crohn's Disease
Learn how to feel better each day with IBD.
Does Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Increase My Risk of Colon Cancer?