How can olive oil help treat inflammation?

Margaret Floyd
Olive oil, perhaps the most widely used and favored of all the vegetable oils, plays a role in countering inflammation. The reason olive oil (in particular, extra-virgin olive oil, which is unrefined and naked) is touted for its anti-inflammation properties is because it's jam-packed with powerful antioxidants, which, as their name suggests, inhibit oxidation.
Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You

Eat Naked with Margaret Floyd for a Sexier You Are you fed up with counting calories? Confused by all the diet hype? Want to eat delicious, real food and look and feel great? Leading...

Continue Learning about Inflammation

Anti-Inflammatory Recipe: Chicken Scallopini
Garlic and olive oil both have wonderful health benefits, especially when paired together. The resulting organosulfur and hydroxytyrosol compounds may...
How can inflammation affect my mood?
Body-wide inflammation isn't just bad for your arteries. More and more evidence shows that infla...
How can my lifestyle affect my risk for inflammation?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
The lifestyle you choose dictates the extent to which you experience inflammation. What you choose t...
Walnuts Boost Male Fertility
Walnuts Boost Male Fertility