Inflammation can be measured by markers in the blood. C-reactive protein is often present during inflammation and can also be used to predict inflammatory diseases like heart problems. Other inflammatory diseases can be diagnosed by doctors who have studied your medical history and performed a physical exam that included a discussion of painful joints, stiffness, and any other inflammatory symptoms.
- Q What are the symptoms of inflammation?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for inflammation?
- Q How can chronic inflammation affect my body?
- Q How does chronic inflammation affect heart health?
- Q What is a treatment option for swelling in knees and legs?
- Q How can olive oil help treat inflammation?