Many medications are available to treat inflammation. Over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can relieve minor inflammation. These include drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen. Corticosteroids (like decadron and prednicot) and other drugs can also be used to reduce inflammation and associated swelling and redness. These are only available by prescription and may have strong side effects. Depending on what part of your body is affected, a doctor may prescribe additional medication to treat the specific organs or tissues.
- Q What are the treatment options for inflammation?
- Q What are the symptoms of inflammation?
- Q How does inflammation affect the brain?
- Q What effect does inflammation have on the body?
- Q Can I treat inflammation naturally?
- Q How can inflammation cause health problems?