How does chronic inflammation affect heart health?

Researchers believe that chronic inflammation may be at the root of heart disease. Inflammation can cause blood clotting. Those clots, in turn, block the blood flow to your heart, leading to heart disease and, eventually, a heart attack. There are numerous causes of hidden inflammation -- stress, inadequate sleep, nutritional deficiencies, and a diet high in processed foods, to name only a few -- which is why it’s vital to live an active, healthy lifestyle.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Inflammation

Welcome to Your Anti-Inflammatory Diet Plan
Doctors agree that inflammation may be the root of most diseases, including chronic pain, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, inflammatory gut disorders,...
What are the symptoms of inflammation?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
In medical school we learn that inflammation is characterized by four things: Rubor -- Color or...
What causes my legs and feet to swell?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
I assume that both your feet are swollen. This is important to note because new swelling in just one...
Get Super Genes in 3 Steps
Get Super Genes in 3 Steps