What should I know to care for someone with inflammation?

When caring for someone with inflammation, it is important to know that there are times when inflammation is appropriate and helpful, like if the person you are caring for has a cut or injury. If the inflammation is unnecessary and painful (as in arthritis or osteoporosis), you should provide pain relief and inflammation treatment. Remember that inflamed organs and tissues can lead to other conditions like heart problems and kidney damage. Over-the-counter medication might include aspirin and ibuprofen. A doctor can suggest prescription pain killers and inflammation relievers. It is also important to make sure that the person you are caring for has a balanced diet with enough rest.

Continue Learning about Inflammation

Anti-Inflammatory Recipe: Chicken Scallopini
Garlic and olive oil both have wonderful health benefits, especially when paired together. The resulting organosulfur and hydroxytyrosol compounds may...
What are the treatment options for inflammation?
There are many treatment options available for inflammation and the pain that is associated with it....
What increases my risk for inflammation?
Cuts and injuries increase your risk for inflammation because your body takes pre-emptive action to ...
Are Polyphenols Good for My Health?
Are Polyphenols Good for My Health?