How often should I have intercourse if I'm trying to get pregnant?

The fertile cycle for any woman is about five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation. A couple has the best chance of becoming pregnant happens if they starts having intercourse at least two days before ovulation and on the day of ovulation. Studies have shown that having sex every other day or every two days leads to the highest chance of becoming pregnant. This ensures that a couple does not miss the fertile cycle and also that the man's sperm count and quality is optimal.
Sperm can live for approximately 48 hours in the woman's reproductive tract. It is a good idea to have intercourse every other day around the time you ovulate. (Day 10, 12, 14, and 16.) Remember that every woman ovulates at a different time. To increase your chances of becoming pregnant, do not douche or use lubricants immediately before or after intercourse.

Continue Learning about Infertility

Can Fast Food Affect Your Fertility?
Can Fast Food Affect Your Fertility?
Sometimes fast is good: Ashley Henderson, 22, of San Diego State recently ran the 100-meter dash in 10.98, making her the fastest woman on the planet ...
How does age affect fertility?
Dr. Evelyn Minaya, MDDr. Evelyn Minaya, MD
A woman's age can have a significant impact on fertility. That's because her eggs get older as she d...
Infertility Intervention
Infertility InterventionInfertility InterventionInfertility InterventionInfertility Intervention
Find out if you’re having infertility problems with this guide.
When Do a Majority of Miscarriages Occur?