How can men deal with their feelings about infertility?

For men, sometimes it may seem as if his wife or partner is the only one experiencing infertility. She's the one who gets the hugs and flowers; she's the one who is asked about her feelings, her health, her emotional state.

But what about you?

Chances are, you're suffering too. A recent study found that the male partners of infertile couples were quite likely to feel depressed and to have erectile dysfunction and other sexual relationship problems. Unfortunately, too often men try to distance themselves from infertility, keep their feelings to themselves and focus on plans to "solve" the infertility, all of which are less-than-ideal ways of coping that can harm your relationship.

Discussing your feelings with your partner will allow you to bond over feelings of being out of control. Initiating and participating in fertility-free dates or intercourse-free dates may allow you to explore the eroticism of earlier times in your courtship and provide relief from goal-oriented sex.

Continue Learning about Infertility

Can Fast Food Affect Your Fertility?
Can Fast Food Affect Your Fertility?
Sometimes fast is good: Ashley Henderson, 22, of San Diego State recently ran the 100-meter dash in 10.98, making her the fastest woman on the planet ...
What can my cervical fluid tell me about my fertility?
A change in cervical fluid can indicate you are close to your peak ovulation day. Fertile fluid is s...
Infertility Intervention
Infertility InterventionInfertility InterventionInfertility InterventionInfertility Intervention
Find out if you’re having infertility problems with this guide.
When Do a Majority of Miscarriages Occur?