What should I do if I have norovirus?

If you hook up with norovirus, beware of dehydration. Drink plenty of water and stay near the throne. Also, wear gloves and wrap your phone and computer devices in plastic so the virus won't contaminate them and boomerang back to you again -- and know that it will all be over soon. This bad bug is usually a one- or two-night stand.

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

Septic Shock: When an Infection Turns Deadly
Boxing great Muhammad Ali, who passed away in June 2016, was well known for his fight against Parkinson’s disease—but he actually succumbed to septic ...
What is an anti-microbial?
An anti-microbial is a substance (such as a medication, hand sanitizer, soap of other substance) tha...
What are super infections?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
Super infections are secondary bacteria-caused infections that usually develop while our body is...
Why Don't We See Cases of Malaria in the US?