A high fever in a child or an infant often indicates some form of infection. In a young child, even a minor infection can result in a high fever, usually defined as a temperature of 103˚ F and above.
- Q How should I take acetaminophen and ibuprofen to reduce a fever?
- Q What medicines for fever can I give my child?
- Q When should I call the doctor if my child has a fever?
- Q Should I give my child medicine for a fever?
- Q Is it normal for my child to have a fever after getting a vaccine?
- Q What is a fever?