What is an anti-microbial?

An anti-microbial is a substance (such as a medication, hand sanitizer, soap of other substance) that kills or halts the growth of bacteria, viruses, fungi and/or protozoans. Anti-microbial substances are usually harmless. 

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

the kissing bug : must-know facts
the kissing bug : must-know facts
the kissing bug does n’t actually sound that bad , but in fact a bite from this insect can be deadly . That because the triatomine bug , also known as...
is it normal for my child to have a fever after getting a vaccine ?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Mild reactions to vaccines such as a low-grade fever and fussiness may occur but fortunately do not ...
how can others help me recognize if i have an infection in the hospital ?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Your family and friends can play a role in recognizing if you have caught an infection while in the ...
why is it easy for cuts to get infected ?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Normally the skin acts as a barrier to germs, but when a person has a cut, germs can get inside, and...