How do I prevent spread of disease if I am exposed to body fluids at work?

If such exposure occurs in a workplace setting, follow your company’s exposure control plan for reporting the incident and a follow-up (post-exposure) evaluation.

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

Septic Shock: When an Infection Turns Deadly
Boxing great Muhammad Ali, who passed away in June 2016, was well known for his fight against Parkinson’s disease—but he actually succumbed to septic ...
What role does infectious disease play in an epidemic?
Any disease caused by a microorganism, such as bacteria, that is capable of spreading through a popu...
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
These blasts from the past continue to make people sick.
What Are the Possibilities of a Malaria Vaccine?