How can I stop the spread of my child’s hand, foot and mouth disease?

Once a child is infected with hand, foot and mouth disease there is no way to stop the spread of the virus. However, it is recommended that the child avoid attendance to day care, school, or any other area where others are present to prevent the spread to others.
  • Wash your hands often, especially after caring for your child
  • Do not share drinking glasses or utensils
  • Dispose of any used tissues
  • Keep your child at home until his temperature has been normal for 24 hours

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

Hawaii Health Alert: 3 Gross Diseases You Can Catch From Rats
From the Polynesian rats accompanying Hawaii’s first settlers to the more invasive black and Norway rats introduced by Europeans, rodents have been a ...
How can I avoid infectious diseases while traveling?
Brandon Regional HospitalBrandon Regional Hospital
To avoid infectious disease, the most important thing to do is wash your hands.
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
These blasts from the past continue to make people sick.
What Can Your Genomic Technology Do If a SARS- or Avian Flu-like Illness Emerged Today?