- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
Stopping Malaria 3:24
- Q How should I wash my hands to prevent infection?
- Q How can I lower the risk of infection from a catheter?
- Q How can super infections be prevented?
- Q How can I help my child avoid getting infections?
- Q How can I prevent infections from daycare?
- Q How can I protect myself from norovirus?