How can I help protect myself from germs that cause illness?

Take everyday steps to protect your health:

• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
  • Try to avoid close contact with sick people.

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

6 Facts You Should Know About Tapeworms
6 Facts You Should Know About Tapeworms
You’ve probably heard of them -- and been a little grossed out by the thought of them -- but tiny tapeworms made big news in 2015. For starters, a Ca...
What causes sepsis?
Dr. Leigh Vinocur, MDDr. Leigh Vinocur, MD
Any infection can potentially lead to sepsis if not treated properly. However, some of the more comm...
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
These blasts from the past continue to make people sick.
What's the Future of Healthcare Look Like?