The fever and discomfort are usually gone by the third or fourth day and the mouth ulcers are gone by the seventh day. The rash on the hands and feet can last up to 10 days.
- Q What increases my risk for infections?
- Q What are opportunistic infections?
- Q What are super infections?
- Q How can others help me recognize if I have an infection in the hospital?
- Q How can I keep my child from picking up germs at school?
- Q When should I call my child’s doctor about hand, foot, and mouth disease?