There are other treatments in addition to antibitotics, such as corticosteroids, or insulin to help stabilize the blood sugar level. Drotecogin alfa, a drug that stops inflammation and blood clots, increases chance of survival with a severe case of septic shock. Therapy, through ventilation machinery or intravenously inserted fluid, is also used as a treatment for those suffering from a serious case of sepsis.
- Q How will early treatment for sepsis improve my chances of survival?
- Q How do medications treat sepsis?
- Q Does homeopathy help treat sepsis?
- Q What are the symptoms of sepsis?
- Q How soon should I see my doctor if I have symptoms of sepsis?
- Q What is sepsis?