If you had a previous disease before your case of sepsis then you have a higher risk for permanent organ damage. If one of your organs was weak before the sepsis, then sepsis may lead to failure of that organ. Sepsis that progresses to the most severe stages can possibly lead to a weakened immune system in the future.
- Q What are the symptoms of sepsis?
- Q How soon should I see my doctor if I have symptoms of sepsis?
- Q How does sepsis affect my quality of life?
- Q How do other illnesses affect sepsis?
- Q What are the complications of sepsis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my sepsis symptoms?