How soon should I see my doctor if I have symptoms of sepsis?

You should contact your doctor immediately and get to the hospital if you think you have symptoms of sepsis, which include rapid heart rate, chills, weakness, rapid breathing, confusion, temperature change, and drop in blood pressure. Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening condition and the sooner you treat the symptoms, the less complications will occur. Since sepsis occurs in stages, it is very important to immediately treat your case with antibiotics to reduce and inhibit any further inflammation. You do not want to wait to see a doctor if you suspect you have sepsis because it is possibly you can go into septic shock, which is a very dangerous condition.

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

Proper Hygiene Tips to Keep Your Family Disease-Free
Q: Our local paper published an alert that hand, mouth, and foot disease is on the rise and I don’t even know what it is. My kids are off to school an...
Can tuberculosis (TB) be cured?
Tuberculosis (TB) can be cured. Since the disease has been around for a long time, there are many dr...
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone5 Weird Diseases You Thought Were Gone
These blasts from the past continue to make people sick.
What's the Future of Healthcare Look Like?